Friday, February 18, 2011

Hi Everyone,
Today brought many exciting things to the world of The Queen. She was able to get her chest tube removed! Woohoo! This is going to get her headed in the right direction towards being more mobile. The Queen also ate an entire peanut butter and jelly sandwich made by Queen Angel Jan. We knew some of you may not believe this, so we have proof.
She ate everything but the crust:
In other news, my mom got a visit from one of our favorite ICU doctors today. There is a funny story about this doctor. I feel like it's ok for me to talk about this simply because it makes me look stupid and he seems like a pretty lighthearted guy. This doctor's last name is Silverboard. For the LIFE of me, I cannot remember his name. I referred to him as Silverbald (note the picture below) to another doctor. It went down like this: I said, "Yes, Dr. Silverbald had talked about ____." Other doctor says to me, "You mean Dr. Silverboard?" Um, yes. Yes, I did mean Silverboard [insert me feeling super awkward]. Me not being able to remember his name has been a consistent problem for me throughout this entire hospital stay. I'm working on it! The Queen agreed that I could post this picture from today. Isn't she looking wonderful? Better and better each day. No more feeding tube in her nose and today was her last day of IV antibiotics, so no more pole to drag around with medicines dripping into her IV. Anyways, here is The Queen with Dr. SilverBOARD.
Jan realized that we did not have any pictures of my dad on this lovely blog (aside from him behind a newspaper). So, here is a picture of my dad and Aunt Betsy "conferencing" in the conference room. They were probably discussing how they could compete with the world champion grocery bagger who happens to be from Burlington, VT. Aunt Betsy is so proud to be able to say that she lives in the same town as this champion bagger. She is SO proud of this that she told every person she met in GA that she lives in the same city as the world champion grocery bagger.
Continue your prayers and good vibrations for strength, good appetite, and no fluid on the lungs.
Happy Weekend!
Love and hugs to everyone,
The Queen's Royal Court

1 comment:

  1. Woohoo is right! Great news. You have all my prayers and good vibrations every day!

    Gary and Steph

    ReplyDelete