Friday, March 4, 2011

Long Day

So, (luckily) I never knew what a pain in the ass it was to make memorial service arrangements and deal with everything that goes along with the process. There should be an Idiot's Guide. And should the newspaper industry really be able to charge like $7 for a teeny sized line of an obituary? Sorry...I'm finding myself sidetracked ;)
After a very long and difficult day, we somehow managed to make most of the arrangements. Hopefully this will help you all in any planning aspect for the week ahead. Here are the details:
Tuesday, March 8, 2011
Mt. Vernon Presbyterian Church
471 Mt. Vernon Hwy.
Sandy Springs, GA 30328
4:00-5:00- Visitation with the family @ Mt. Vernon Church
5:30- Memorial Service CELEBRATION for our Queen*
In lieu of flowers...we will be accepting donations for a cause my mom supported us in. But we have to get a PO Box situation figured out. And maybe a fund? And other things that we didn't get to today. So just hold tight for me on the donation end of things :)
*Now, let me make one side comment. If you knew my mother, you know that she was a very colorful person. Any craft project involved a ridiculous amount of color and any piece of clothing was always colorful. Please, if you think about it, wear a happy and bright color. My mom would want that and she would probably be pissed if there was a sea of black. Don't be scared to wear a color....I know this is a major faux pa and people typically fall back onto the traditional black. But just think about The Queen and think about her cheerful and bright outlook on life. She would want a sea of color and lots of it :) So don't be afraid to be colorful. And if you wear black....I promise we won't judge you!
I know this may be a hard concept for a lot of you to grasp, but I want to reiterate the peace that happened today. Yes, we ALL sobbed our eyes out. Yes, we all held onto our Queen for as long as possible. Yes, we know the pain is never going to go away, it will only get easier to handle. Yes, we know you will all always be there. Yes, I already dreadfully miss my mom and every single day I will continue to miss her. But ask any one of the loved ones that surrounded her today....we are all so happy that she is free of pain, free of worry and free of cancer. And you know what? It's not goodbye. As I told my mom today, it's simply, "see you later." This is a hard concept for all of us to grasp. But as a good friend told me yesterday, "she did everything so well, so gracefully, and so beautifully in her 52 years that she didn't need to be here anymore."
I can't continue to thank you all enough for how wonderful and amazing your words and actions have been (and continue to be) to our family. Thank you times a trillion. We hope to see you all on Tuesday.
Please send your prayers and good vibrations for strength for all of us forever and ever as we live each day as The Queen would want us to.
Love to you all,
The Queen's Royal Court

No comments:

Post a Comment